Well, one day down. I was going to write last night but I was so weak with hunger I couldn’t even turn on the damn computer, let alone type.
A few things I’ve learned over the past 24 hours:
- Eating close to nothing (read: proper amounts) makes you pee a LOT.
- Starving myself (read: not gorging myself) makes me very cranky.
- Carrots and hummus do not a dinner make — but it did fill me up, now that I think about it. (OK, I also had a quesadilla. One cannot live on veggies alone!)
- Fat doesn’t “melt away” overnight. (Grr!)
- If I don’t make dinner, I’m bored out of my mind by 8.
- Hunger pangs eventually subside.
- Going to bed without feeling like I’ve got a bowling bowl in my belly is actually quite pleasant.
So far, so good. I haven’t eaten my face yet. Or my child. Or killed my husband. It’s only been a day though.